Types of Specialty Auto Insurance
There are several kinds of auto insurance that make up the specialty category:
- Classic car insurance
- Low rider insurance
- Modified vehicle insurance (custom cars)
- Antique car insurance
- Street drive insurance
- Racecar insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
The vehicle you own may fall into one of these categories and benefit from specialty auto insurance. It’s important to understand this policy will be different than traditional car insurance.
What are the Restrictions and Requirements for Specialty Auto Insurance in Salt Lake City?
- To be considered for coverage by a specialty auto insurance, you may need to meet certain requirements. For example, you may need to keep your vehicle in a locked garage when its not in use.
- Another limitation for your vehicle may be the number of miles you can drive it each year. Many classic vehicles have restrictions on driving to reduce the risk for accidents and claims.
- The policy limits you on how you can use the vehicle as well. A classic pickup may not be allowed to tow a trailer or have other restrictions on use.
- Some policies provide limited coverage only when the vehicle is being shown, which makes it less expensive than insuring it all year long. Of course, this means you can’t drive it on the road the rest of the year.
Salt Lake Insurance provides multiple specialty auto insurance coverage products for a wide range of vehicles. Find out what kind of coverage you need and the requirements to ensure your special vehicle is always protected.