Renters’ insurance in Salt Lake City is an important and often forgotten policy for people who don’t own their own home. It protects personal items from damage or loss so the person can replace or repair them. If you’ve never considered this type of coverage, you might want to learn more about it.
Do I Need Renters’ Insurance in Salt Lake City?
You may be a college student or just graduated. You may be renting an apartment after a divorce. Regardless of the reason, you may believe you don’t need renters’ coverage if you don’t own much. You may think the landlord’s insurance will pay for damage to your stuff. The truth is anyone who rents a place to live needs to have renters’ insurance in SLC.
- Many rental companies and landlords require it, but you should purchase a policy even if they don’t.
- Your landlord’s insurance will pay for damage to the building, but it won’t cover your personal items. You’ll need to carry your own insurance to pay for damage to your furniture, clothing, electronics and other personal belongings.
- A renters’ policy also pays for replacement if your items are stolen. They are covered whether you have them in your home or your vehicle or even somewhere else.
- Another important aspect to renters’ insurance is liability. If you accidentally damage the place where you live, your landlord could sue you. Your renters’ policy may pay for repairs if you are responsible. It also protects you if someone gets hurts in your apartment.
- While your landlord is responsible for the condition of the property, you’re responsible for certain safety issues. If an accident occurs because of your negligence, you could be held liable. Your insurance provider would cover the medical costs up to the limits of your policy.
- If you happen to own a dog, you definitely want to have coverage for dog bites. Even the nicest puppy can turn into a risk as it gets older. If you put a trampoline in the back yard of your rental, you may be responsible for any injuries which could occur. It can be a fine line between you and your landlord about who is responsible for accidents, but you don’t want to have to fight it on your own.
Contact Salt Lake City Insurance Group to find out more about getting renters’ insurance to protect you and your belongings.
Get A Quote
What does renters’ insurance cover?
Renters’ insurance provides financial coverage for lost or damaged possessions caused by theft, vandalism, or fire. Depending on your insurance plan, it may also cover your liability if someone is injured on your rented property.
How much is renters’ insurance from Salt Lake City Insurance?
The cost of renters’ insurance is determined by your budget and needs. Usually, it costs somewhere between $100 to $300 per year. Contact our agents at Salt Lake City Insurance to explore your options.
How can I get renters’ insurance?
At Salt Lake City Insurance, our agents are ready to help you. Call us and purchase your renters’ insurance today.
How does renters’ insurance work?
Renters’ insurance works to cover your lost or damaged possessions. Yet, the amount you receive depends on your specific plan. You must also first pay the deductible before receiving compensation from your insurance company.
Does renters’ insurance cover floods?
Most renters’ insurance does not cover damage or lost property caused by flooding. However, this is an insurance plan you can purchase separately.
Does renters’ insurance cover theft?
Yes, renters’ insurance covers theft. However, you have to make sure you pay your deductible amount before receiving any compensation.
Does renters’ insurance cover bed bugs?
Renters’ insurance frequently does not cover bed bugs.
Does renters’ insurance cover hurricane damage?
Many renters’ insurance policies cover typical wind damage. Yet, if you are in an area that is frequently hit by hurricanes, hurricane damage may be excluded from your policy. It’s always best to check with your insurer and your specific policy.
Does renters’ insurance cover mold?
Renters’ insurance may cover mold if your insurance covers the cause of the mold. For example, you may have flood insurance – depending on your policy – that covers water damage to your items and belongings. Again, check with your insurer and your specific policy.
How much renters’ insurance do I need?
The average renters’ insurance policy covers up to $30 000 for property damage and $100 000 for liability coverage. For this type of insurance, it typically costs about $145 per year.
What does renters’ insurance not cover?
Most renters’ insurance policies do not cover water damage or floods. Check with your policy, and purchase additional coverage if need be.
Is renters’ insurance worth it?
Renters’ insurance is worth the cost. For a relatively low annual price, you can have that extra peace of mind that your items and belongings are safe and secure.
Should I get renters’ insurance for an apartment?
If you wish to protect your belongings in the case of fire, theft, or vandalism, purchasing renters’ insurance can prove to be a worthwhile venture.
Is renters’ insurance required?
Renters’ insurance is not obligatory. It is up to you whether you want to purchase it or not.
How much is renters’ insurance per month?
On average, renters’ insurance is about $12 a month. For more information, contact Salt Lake City Insurance today.